Friday, July 4, 2008

easter


march 19, 2008

I can’t begin to understand the pain
I can’t understand the hurt

As I take on the sins of one man
The guilt, it overwhelms me
How it must have felt to be You
You took them all on

These sins eat at my heart
They chew through my soul
As your body was beaten and broken
Your insides must have been excruciating

The guilt I take on weighs me down
My shoulders feel heavy now
As they spread out Your arms
You accept it all at once

These hands do things I despise
They then pray to You
Your hands were pierced deeply
For no crime of your own

These feet bring me places
I should never go
Your feet were nailed
To a place never deserved

These breaths are wasted
As I speak of nothing worthwhile
You struggled to breathe
And asked God to forgive them

This heart breaks in two
As I realize what I’ve done
Your hearts a million pieces
For people You’ll never see

I die to myself
And still forget my promise
You died willingly
To fulfill the promises

These sins are my own
And I give them to you
You rise again
To remove them just for me